ACS – Company Secretary
A company secretary is a senior position in a private sector company or public sector organisation, normally in the form of a managerial position or above. The company secretary is responsible for the efficient administration of a company, particularly with regard to ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the board of directors are implemented.
The company secretary ensures that an organisation complies with relevant legislation and regulation, and keeps board members informed of their legal responsibilities.In many countries, private companies have traditionally been required by law to appoint one person as a company secretary, and this person will also usually be a senior board member.
After +2 a student is eligible to take the Foundation Course. Examination can be taken twice a year, in June and December.
Candidates who pass the Foundation examination are eligible to seek registration as students to the Company Secretary Ship course. Admission is open to anyone who has passed the graduate examination of a university in India or any other equivalent qualification or those who have taken the foundation examination.
Final Examination can be taken after 18 months of enrolling in the course and having undergone satisfactory postal or oral tuition for the particular group of final examination. Enrolment is open throughout the year.
- Independent advisory capacity and support for procedures of licenses, registrations, loans, taxes, partnership deeds etc
- Company Secretary firms
- Administrators in business firms
- Government grades 1-1V in the Accounts Branch of the Central Company Law Service of the Department of Company Affairs
- Firms listed on the stock market
- Financial Advisor
- Specialists in banks in the fields of Finance, Accounts, Law and Merchant Banking
- Organization whose affairs are conducted by boards, councils and other corporate structures e.g. companies, cooperative societies, trusts, associations, federations, commissions , board etc.
- Self- employment (practice) & Research